Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology
- Point-of-care ultrasonography.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 749-757
- Point-of-care ultrasonography.N Engl J Med. 2021; 385: 1593-1602
- Impact of point-of-care ultrasound on quality of care in clinical practice.Rep Med Imaging. 2014; 7: 81-93
Australasian Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (ASUM). Standards of practise. Definition of point of care ultrasound (POCUS).2017 1/7/2022. Available at:https://www.asum.com.au/files/public/SoP/curver/Emerg-Med-PoCUS/Definition-of-Point-of-Care-Ultrasound-POCUS.pdf.
- Handheld point-of-care ultrasound probes: the new generation of POCUS.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2020; 34: 3139-3145
Emergency Care Research Institute (ECRI). Top 10 health technology hazards report. 2020 23/09/2021. Available at: https://www.ecri.org/landing-2020-top-ten-health-technology-hazards.
- Modern sonology and the bedside practitioner: evolution of ultrasound from curious novelty to essential clinical tool.Eur J Trauma Emerg Surgery. 2015; 41: 457-460
- Psychomotor skills in medical ultrasound imaging: an analysis of the core skill set.J Ultrasound Med. 2014; 33: 1349-1352
- How an old technology became a disruptive innovation.TEDMED, 2014 ([Internet]Podcast. Available at)
- Systematic review or scoping review? Guidance for authors when choosing between a systematic or scoping review approach.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2018; 18: 1-7
- Scoping studies: towards a methodological framework.Int J Soc Res Methodol. 2005; 8: 19-32
- PRISMA Extension for scoping reviews (PRISMA-ScR): checklist and explanation.Ann Intern Med. 2018; 169: 467-473
- The PRISMA 2020 statement: an updated guideline for reporting systematic reviews.BMJ. 2021; 10: 1-11
Tyndall J. AACODS checklist. Guidance on how to evaluate and critically appraise grey literature. 12/12/2021. Available at: https://guides.library.unisa.edu.au/GreyLiterature/Evaluate.
Australasian Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (ASUM). Statement on the use of ultrasound by medical practitioners. 2014. Available at: https://www.asum.com.au/files/public/SoP/curver/Edu/Statement-on-the-Use-of-Ultrasound-by-Medical-Practitioners.pdf.
- Position statement: Minimum education and training requirements for ultrasound practitioners.Australas J Ultrasound Med. 2017; 20: 132-135
Australasian Society for Ultrasound in Medicine (ASUM). Education. Diploma of Diagnostic Ultrasound (DDU). Certificate in Clinician Performed Ultrasound (CCPU). Certificate of Allied Health Performed Ultrasound (CAHPU). 10/7/2022. Available at: https://www.asum.com.au/education/.
Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR). Provision of Medical Ultrasound—position statement 2019. 1/7/2022; V1.1. Available at:https://www.ranzcr.com/college/document-library/position-statement-on-the-provision-of-medical-ultrasound-services.
Fellowship of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM). Curriculum V4.2. November 2022. 1/7/2023. Available at: https://acem.org.au/getmedia/9af41df8-677f-44ed-b245-440164155f56/FACEM-Curriculum-2021.
Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM). Policy P21. The use of focused ultrasound in emergency medicine. 2022. 3/20/2022; V6.0 (July). Available at: https://acem.org.au/getmedia/000b84ee-378f-4b65-a9a7-c174651c2542/Feb_16_P21_Use_of_Focussed_US_in_EM.aspx.
- Point-of-care ultrasound in paediatric emergency medicine.J Paediatr Child Health. 2016; 52: 174-180
- Expanding our FoCUS: the utility of advanced echocardiography in the emergency department.Australas J Ultrasound Med. 2019; 22: 6-11
- Paediatric emergency medicine point-of-care ultrasound: fundamental or fad?.Emerg Med Australas. 2017; 29: 486-489
- Use of point-of-care ultrasound by a critical care retrieval team.Emerg Med Australas. 2007; 19: 547-552
Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM). COR 742 guidelines. Provision of focused ultrasound training and governance. 2021. 1/7/2022. V3. Available at: https://acem.org.au/getmedia/0702004f-c669-4646-b5fc-4fa577117ba3/Guideline_for_the_Provision_of_ED_Focused_Ultrasound_Training_and_Governance.
Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM). G25 Guidelines. Ultrasound education programs. 2021. 1/7/2022. V9. Available at:https://acem.org.au/getmedia/82e09118-d4c6-4a8f-9bf6-2cd7905c455c/G25-Guidelines_Ultrasound_ Workshops_240817_FINAL2.aspx.
Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM). Policy P733. Credentialing for emergency medicine ultrasonography. 2021. V3.0 (October). Available at:https://acem.org.au/getmedia/ee68a734-7634-425d-865a-f5e17dc8b4e4/P733_ Policy-on-Credentialing-for-Emergency-Medicine-Ultrasonography_v1_Aug-2019.
- Point of care ultrasound: breaking the sound barrier in the emergency department.Australas J Ultrasound Med. 2019; 22: 3
- Point-of-care ultrasound in emergency department: tips, tricks and controversies.Emerg Med Australas. 2020; 32: 155-157
- Removing the HOCUS from POCUS: The use of point-of-care ultrasound in the emergency department.Emerg Med Australas. 2020; 32: 151-154
- The good, the bad and the ugly of point-of-care ultrasound.Emerg Med Australas. 2020; 32: 158-159
- Establishing a hospital-based ultrasound-guided peripheral intravenous catheter training programme: a narrative of a 5-year experience.Emerg Med Australas. 2020; 32: 1080-1083
- Ultrasound in trauma.Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol. 2009; 23: 343-362
- Prospective, multicentre observational study of point-of-care ultrasound practice in emergency departments across Australia and New Zealand: the POCUS-ED Registry.Emerg Med Australas. 2022; 34: 959-967
- Credentialing of emergency medicine trainees in point-of-care ultrasound: an effective, efficient and enjoyable model.Emerg Med Australas. 2021; 33: 473-479
- ACEM trainee opportunities in subspecialist domains: experience from ultrasound, pre-hospital and medical education terms.EMA Emerg Med Australas. 2016; 28: 468-470
- Collaborative model for training and credentialing point-of-care ultrasound: 6-year experience and quality outcomes.J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol. 2018; 62: 330-336
- Experience of a tutor centric model for sonography training of emergency department registrars in an Australian urban emergency department 2009–2012.Australas J Ultrasound Med. 2015; 18: 112-117
- Sounding out the future of ultrasound education.Ultrasound. 2015; 23: 48-52
- The case for an ultrasound mandate.Emerg Med Australas. 2016; 28: 355-356
- Australasian emergency ultrasound: a survey on the current status.Emerg Med Australas. 2021; 34: 385-397
- Audit of ultrasound usage in emergency departments in greater metropolitan Brisbane.Emerg Med Australas. 2022; 34: 164-168
- Emergency medicine trainees' perceived barriers to training and credentialing in point-of-care ultrasound: a cross-sectional study.Australas J Ultrasound Med. 2022; 25: 160-165
- Ultrasound use in Australasian emergency departments: a survey of Australasian College for Emergency Medicine Fellows and Trainees.Emerg Med Australas. 2014; 26: 268-273
- Australasian emergency physicians: a learning and educational needs analysis: Part Two. Confidence of FACEM for tasks and skills.Emerg Med Australas. 2008; 20: 58-65
- Australasian emergency physicians: a learning and educational needs analysis: Part Four. CPD topics desired by emergency physicians.Emerg Med Australas. 2008; 20: 260-266
- Continuing the ultrasound credentialing conversation.Emerg Med Australas. 2020; 32: 877-879
- Only credentialed physicians should be performing ultrasound in emergency department: no.Emerg Med Australas. 2020; 32: 160-161
- Only credentialed physicians should be performing ultrasound in emergency department: yes.Emerg Med Australas. 2020; 32: 162-163
- Credentialing a new skill: what should the standard be for emergency department ultrasound in Australasia?.EMA Emerg Med Australas. 2010; 22: 263-264
Australasian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA). Anaesthesia training program curriculum. 2022. 1/7/2022. V1.11 November. Available at:https://www.anzca.edu.au/getattachment/f77f6ee6-66af-4801-8905-bd0ded1a67b1/ANZCA-Anaesthesia-Training-Program-Curriculum.
Australasian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA). PS11(PM) Procedures in pain medicine clinical care standard. 2020. 1/7/2022. Available at:https://www.anzca.edu.au/getattachment/accd6913-3027-4d3b-9297-122244 25a46b/PS11(PM)-Procedures-in-Pain-Medicine-Clinical-Care-Standard#page=.
ANZCA. Australasian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA). PG46 (POM) Guideline on training and practice of perioperative cardiac ultrasound in adults. Background Paper. 2014. 1/7/2022. Available at: https://www.anzca.edu.au/getattachment/c1831096-2007-47a5-a71e-bce3c353ec9a/PG46(POM)BP-Guideline-on-training-and-practice-of-perioperative-cardiac-ultrasound-in-adults-BP.
- The American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, the European Society of Regional Anaesthesia and Pain Therapy, and the Asian Australasian Federation of Pain Societies Joint Committee recommendations for education and training in ultrasound-guided interventional pain procedures.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2012; 37: 657-664
- Learning and teaching motor skills in regional anesthesia: a different perspective.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2014; 39: 230-239
- Ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia: how much practice do novices require before achieving competency in ultrasound needle visualization using a cadaver model.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2012; 37: 334-339
- Standardised training program in spinal ultrasound for epidural insertion: protocol driven versus non-protocol driven teaching approach.Anaesth Intensive Care. 2014; 42: 460-466
- Education and training in ultrasound-guided regional anaesthesia and pain medicine.Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2020; 33: 674-684
- Remotely supervised ultrasound-guided peripheral intravenous cannulation training: a prospective cohort study examining success rates and patient experience.Australas J Ultrasound Med. 2022; 25: 176-185
- Development of a direct observation of procedural skills tool for gastric ultrasound.Anaesthesia. 2022; 77: 712-714
College of Intensive Care Medicine of Australia and New Zealand (CICM). IC-29 Policy. Levels of training in adult critical care echocardiography. 2018. 1/7/2022. Available at: https://www.cicm.org.au/CICM_Media/CICMSite/Files/Professional/IC-29-Levels-of-Training-in-Adult-Critical-Care-Echocardiography.pdf.
College of Intensive Care Medicine of Australia and New Zealand (CICM). T-35 Policy. Focused cardiac ultrasound in intensive care. 2020. 1/7/2022. Available at:https://www.cicm.org.au/CICM_Media/CICMSite/Files/Training/T-35-Focused-Cardiac-Ultrasound-in-Intensive-Care-Syllabus.pdf.
College of Intensive Care Medicine of Australia and New Zealand (CICM). IC-24 Statement on the role of echocardiography in intensive care medicine. 2016. 1/7/2022. Available at:https://www.cicm.org.au/CICM_Media/CICMSite/Files/Professional/IC-24-Statement-on-the-Role-of-Echocardiography-in-Intensive-Care-Medicine.pdf.
- Levels of training in critical care echocardiography in adults: recommendations from the College of Intensive Care Medicine Ultrasound Special Interest Group.Australas J Ultrasound Med. 2019; 22: 73-79
CICM. College of Intensive Care Medicine of Australia and New Zealand (CICM). T-36 policy. The competencies, teaching, learning opportunities and assessments for training in paediatric intensive care medicine. 2016. 1/7/2022. Available at:https://www.cicm.org.au/CICM_Media/CICMSite/Files/Training/T-36-The-Competencies-Teaching-Learning-Opportunities-and-Assessments-for-Training-in-Paediatric-Intensive-Care-Medicine.pdf.
- Longitudinal competence programs for basic point-of-care ultrasound in critical care: a systematic review.Chest. 2020; 158: 1079-1089
- Methodologic quality of guidelines for training or competence processes for basic point-of-care echocardiography in critical care: a systematic review of the literature.Chest. 2021; 160: 616-623
- Criteria, processes, and determination of competence in basic critical care echocardiography training: a Delphi process consensus statement by the learning ultrasound in critical care (LUCC) initiative.Chest. 2021; 161: 492-503
- Basic echocardiography competence program in intensive care units: a multinational survey of intensive care units accredited by the College of Intensive Care Medicine.Anaesth Intensive Care. 2020; 48: 150-154
- Survey of the training and use of echocardiography and lung ultrasound in Australasian intensive care units.Crit Care. 2016; 20: 1-2
- Evaluation of the interpretative skills of participants of a limited transthoracic echocardiography training course (H.A.R.T.scan®).Anaesth Intensive Care. 2012; 40: 498-504
- Validation of Epworth Richmond's echocardiography education focused year.Crit Care Med. 2020; 48 (e34–9)
- Impact of critical care point-of-care ultrasound short-courses on trainee competence.Crit Care Med. 2019; 47 (e782–4)
- Cloud-based supervision of training in focused cardiac ultrasound—a scalable solution?.Australas J Ultrasound Med. 2019; 22: 40-44
- Training in POCUS echocardiography for intensivists.Ultrasound Med Biol. 2019; 45: S76
Royal New Zealand College of Urgent Care (RNZCUC). Point of care ultrasound in urgent care. Position statement. 2021. 13/3/2023. Available at:https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AGU4uaTZ7tjFD48&id=CF7D0491EAA47C88%21616 28&cid=CF7D0491EAA47C88&parId=root&parQt=sharedby&parCid= 5CD958927552D 090&o=OneUp.
Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP). Rural hospital medicine curriculum area statements. 2017. 16/7/2022. Available at: https://www.rnzcgp.org.nz/gpdocs/new-website/Become_a_GP/RHM_CS_Area_2017.pdf.
Australasian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM). Rural generalist curriculum. 2021. 20/3/2022. Available at: https://www.acrrm.org.au/docs/default-source/all-files/rural-generalist-curriculum.pdf?sfvrsn=b0fe42c8_8.
- Evaluation of antenatal point-of-care ultrasound training workshops for rural/remote healthcare clinicians: a prospective single cohort study.BMC Med Educ. 2022; 22: 906
- Review article: Managing medical emergencies in rural Australia: a systematic review of the training needs.EMA Emerg Med Australas. 2019; 31: 20-28
- Scope of point-of-care ultrasound practice in rural New Zealand.J Primary Health Care. 2018; 10: 224-236
- Point-of-care ultrasound in rural New Zealand: safety, quality and impact on patient management.Aust J Rural Health. 2018; 26: 342-349
- Educational needs of Australian rural and remote doctors for intermediate obstetric ultrasound and emergency medicine ultrasound.Can J Rural Med. 2006; 11: 277-282
- Evaluation of an ultrasound program (intermediate obstetric and emergency medicine) for Australian rural and remote doctors.Aust J Rural Health. 2005; 13: 295-299
- A case for mandatory ultrasound training for rural general practitioners: a commentary.Rural Remote Health. 2021; 21: 44-48
- Potential for use of portable ultrasound devices in rural and remote settings in Australia and other developed countries: a systematic review.J Multidiscip Healthc. 2022; 15: 605-625
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP). Technology in general practise: wired for sound. Good Practice. 2016. 30/6/2022. Available at: https://www.racgp.org.au/publications/goodpractice/archive/201609/wired-for-ultrasound/.
Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG). Certificate of Women's Health: DRANZCOG & DRANZCOG advanced curricula. 2022. 30/6/2022. 3rd edition. Available at:https://ranzcog.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/CWH-DRANZCOG-and-DRANZCOG-Adv.-Certificate-and-Diploma-Advanced-Curricula-Version-3.0-January-2022.pdf.
Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG). FRANZCOG curriculum. V3.12. July 2022. 13/3/2023. Available at:https://ranzcog.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/FRANZCOG-Curriculum.pdf.
Fellowship of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG). Training program handbook. 2022. 1/7/2022. Available at: https://ranzcog.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/FRANZCOG-Training-Program-Handbook_After-1st-December-2013.pdf.
Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG). Certification in Obstetrical and Gynaecological Ultrasound (COGU). Training program handbook. 2022. 1/7/2022. Available at: https://ranzcog.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Certification-in-Obstetrical-and-Gynaecological-Ultrasound-COGU-Training-Program-Handbook.pdf.
- Ultrasound curricula in obstetrics and gynecology training programs.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 52: 147-150
- Point-of-care ultrasound in obstetrics.Australas J Ultrasound Med. 2019; 22: 32-39
- One-size-fits-all approach does not work for gynecology trainees learning endometriosis ultrasound skills.J Ultrasound Med. 2020; 39: 2295-2303
Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP). Neonatal/perinatal medicine: advanced training curriculum. 2013. Available at:https://www.racp.edu.au/docs/default-source/trainees/advanced-training/neonatal-and-perinatal-medicine/neonatal-perinatal-medicine-advanced-training-curriculum.pdf?sfvrsn=e1202c1a_10.
- Point of care ultrasound in the neonatal unit: applications, training and accreditation.Early Hum Dev. 2019; 138104847
- Education, training, and accreditation of neonatologist performed echocardiography in Europe—framework for practice.Pediatr Res. 2018; 84: 13-17
- Echocardiography and the neonatologist.Pediatr Cardiol. 2008; 29: 1043-1047
- Functional echocardiography: an emerging clinical tool for the neonatologist.J Pediatr. 2007; 150: 125-130
- Cardiac sonography by the neonatologist: clinical usefulness and educational perspective.J Ultrasound Med. 2014; 33: 1401-1406
Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP). Respiratory medicine: advanced training curriculum (adult and paediatric). 2013. 25/6/2022. Available at:https://www.racp.edu.au/docs/default-source/trainees/advanced-training/respiratory-and-sleep-medicine/respiratory-medicine-(adult-medicine)-advanced-training-program-curriculum.pdf?sfvrsn=d5c92c1a_4.
- Thoracic ultrasound recognition of competence: a position paper of the Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand.Respirology. 2017; 22: 405-408
- Risk reduction in pleural procedures: sonography, simulation and supervision.Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2010; 16: 340-350
- A combined hands-on teaching programme and clinical pathway focused on pleural ultrasound and procedure supervision transforms pleural procedure outcomes.Intern Med J. 2017; 47: 1276-1282
- Accuracy and safety of ward based pleural ultrasound in the Australian healthcare system.Respirology. 2017; 22: 508-512
- The learners’ voice.Chest. 2021; 160: 23-24
- Direct ultrasound localisation for pleural aspiration: translating evidence into action.Intern Med J. 2014; 44: 50-56
- Physician-performed chest ultrasound: progress and future directions.Intern Med J. 2017; 47: 306-311
Royal Australian College of Physicians (RACP). Endocrinology: advanced training curriculum (adult). 2013. 1/7/2022. Available at:https://www.racp.edu.au/docs/default-source/trainees/advanced-training/endocrinology/endocrinology-adult-medicine-advanced-training-curriculum.pdf?sfvrsn=6e342c1a_4.
Royal Australian College of Physicians (RACP). Rheumatology: advanced training curricula (adult and paediatric). 2013. 1/7/2022. Available at:https://www.racp.edu.au/docs/default-source/trainees/advanced-training/rheumatology/rheumatology-adult-medicine-advanced-training-curriculum.pdf?sfvrsn=59e10d1a_10.
- Ultrasound applications for the practicing rheumatologist.Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 2012; 26: 853-867
Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians (ACSEP). The clinician performed ultrasound in sport and exercise medicine. ACSEP draft syllabus. 2021. 1/7/2022. Available at: https://www.acsep.org.au/page/resources/ultrasound.
- From da Vinci to definitive diagnosis: how training in sports ultrasound harnesses sound, science and skill.Br J Sports Med. 2021; 56: 118-119
Royal Australian College of Physicians (RACP). Nephrology: advanced training curriculum. 2013. 20/3/2022. Available at:https://www.racp.edu.au/docs/default-source/trainees/advanced-training/nephrology/nephrology-advanced-training-curriculum.pdf?sfvrsn=84372c1a_8.
- KHA-CARI guideline recommendations for renal biopsy.Nephrology. 2019; 24: 1205-1213
- Australian and New Zealand Special Interest Group in Interventional Nephrology Research. A survey of current procedural practices of Australian and New Zealand nephrologists.Semin Dial. 2013; 26 (e50–3)
Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Opthalmologists (RANZCO). Ophthalmic ultrasound curriculum standard. 2022. 27/6/2022. Available at:https://ranzco.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/20_Ophthalmic-Ultrasound-Curriculum-Standard_2022.pdf.
Australasian College of Phlebology (ACP). Training overview: an overview of training in phlebology with the ACP. 2022. 16/7/2022. Available at: https://www.phlebology.com.au/file_uploads/ACPTrainingOverview.pdf.
Royal Australian College of Physicians (RACP). Dermatology: advanced training curriculum. 2013. 27/4/2022. Available at:https://www.racp.edu.au/docs/default-source/default-document-library/dermatology-advanced-training-curriculum.pdf?sfvrsn=93d2c1a_4.
- Update on echocardiography: do we still need a stethoscope?.Intern Med J. 2022; 52: 30-36
- The failure of gastroenterologists to apply intestinal ultrasound in inflammatory bowel disease in the Asia-Pacific: A need for action.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2015; 30: 446-452
- Australian palliative physicians' perceptions of clinician performed ultrasound scanning.J Palliative Med. 2020; 23: 4
- The use of bedside ultrasound and community-based paracentesis in a palliative care service.J Primary Health Care. 2014; 6: 148-151
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS). Clarification of minimum qualifications for the provision of ultrasound services under Medicare. External report. 2017. 1/4/2022. Available at:https://www.surgeons.org/-/media/Project/RACS/surgeons-org/files/advocacy/sbm_2017_06_08_ultrasound_medicare-final.pdf?rev=28e85980aba746d0aa89e191383a754f.
Australian and New Zealand Society for Vascular Surgery (ANZSVS). Education and ultrasound. 2022. Available at: https://www.anzsvs.org.au/education-training/ultrasound/.
- Is it time to include point-of-care ultrasound in general surgery training? A review to stimulate discussion.ANZ J Surg. 2013; 83: 908-911
- Surgical ultrasonography at the bedside: a comparison of surgical trainees with trained sonographers for symptomatic cholelithiasis—a first Australian experience.ANZ J Surg. 2019; 89: 492-496
- Bedside ultrasonography for acute gallstone disease: a diagnostic accuracy study of surgical registrars and emergency medicine physicians.ANZ J Surg. 2020; 90: 2467-2471
- Evaluation of office ultrasound usage among Australian and New Zealand breast surgeons.World J Surg. 2013; 37: 2148-2154
- Australian breast surgeons and ultrasound usage: have practices changed?.Australas J Ultrasound Med. 2021; 24: 217-224
- Point of care ultrasound use by registered nurses and nurse practitioners in clinical practice: an integrative review.Collegian. 2021; 28: 456-463
- Exploring the availability and impact of antenatal point-of-care ultrasound services in rural and remote communities: a scoping review.Australas J Ultrasound Med. 2019; 22: 174-185
- Advanced vascular access workshop for dialysis nurses: a three-year review.Renal Soc Australas J. 2012; 8: 89-93
- Educating renal nurses - inferior vena caval ultrasound for intravascular volume assessment.Renal Soc Australas J. 2018; 14: 59-64
- Validation of nurse-performed FAST ultrasound.Injury. 2010; 41: 484-487
- Describing the learning curve of novices for the diagnosis of paediatric distal forearm fractures using point-of-care ultrasound.Australas J Ultrasound Med. 2022; 25: 66-73
- Point-of-care ultrasound-guided cannulation versus standard cannulation in hemodialysis vascular access: a controlled random order crossover pilot feasibility study.J Vasc Access. 2022; 112972982110698
- Utilising point of care ultrasound for vascular access in haemodialysis.Renal Soc Australas J. 2015; 11: 78-82
- Point-of-care ultrasound use in the pre-hospital setting.J Paramedic Pract. 2018; 10: 326-332
- Educational standards for training paramedics in ultrasound: a scoping review.BMC Emerg Med. 2017; 17: 1-14
- Use of point-of-care ultrasound by non-physicians to assess respiratory distress in the out-of-hospital environment: a scoping review.Prehosp Disaster Med. 2022; 37: 520-528
- Use of point-of-care ultrasound by intensive care paramedics to assess respiratory distress in the out-of-hospital environment: a pilot study (ahead of print).Prehosp Emerg Care. 2022; (Aug:1–7)
- Exploring the clinical use of ultrasound imaging: a survey of physiotherapists in New Zealand.Musculoskelet Sci Pract. 2018; 34: 27-37
- A survey of diagnostic ultrasound within the physiotherapy profession for the design of future training tools.Radiography. 2011; 17: 121-125
- Exploring the use of ultrasound imaging by physiotherapists: an international survey.Musculoskelet Sci Pract. 2020; 49102213
- Professional issues in the use of diagnostic ultrasound biofeedback in physiotherapy of the female pelvic floor.Radiography. 2013; 19: 117-124
- Lung ultrasound for critical care physiotherapists: a narrative review.Physiother Res Int. 2015; 20: 69-76
- Barriers and facilitators to achieving competence in lung ultrasound: a survey of physiotherapists following a lung ultrasound training course.Aust Crit Care. 2023; 36
- Impact of an intensive education programme of diagnostic lung and lower limb ultrasound on physiotherapist knowledge: a pilot study.Australas J Ultrasound Med. 2018; 21: 104-114
- Imaging with ultrasound in physical therapy: what is the PT's scope of practice? A competency-based educational model and training recommendations.Br J Sports Med. 2019; 53: 1447-1453